Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Break III

Two posts in one day?! Must be vacation, haha. One more update before I go home. :-) (then a road trip, but more on that later) Sunday was a quiet day with LVBC in the early morning then Shadow Mountain Baptist Church a little later. How odd to have "gone" to LVBC and, while everyone else is going home for lunch, have to go change out of pjs (lovin it!) and get ready for church out here. But LVBC is a HUGE blessing, and I am so thankful that we stream live every Sunday. The people at Shadow Mountain were very friendly, and the preaching was challenging. In the evening, we visited North Valley Baptist Church, where we have developed a few friendships over the years. (And where one of my piano heroes plays for the congregation, as one of four pianists playing simultaneously at each service.) The music there is heavenly--four-part quartets are a common sight. Imagine...*sigh* haha. Praise the Lord for the wonderful music He has given to us, with which we may praise Him and be edified at the same time.

Today has been rather quiet: baking/cooking to store up breakfast and lunch/dinner food for Dad in the freezer. I love working in the kitchen! I purposely planned to make a couple of recipe I created, to see if they turned out in real life the way they looked on paper. And, contrary to what I feared, they turned out stunningly. Also, I FINALLY went swimming and sat by the pool for a while. The bummer was, the sun stayed behind the clouds for most of the time, so I will be returning home without the stereotypical California sunburn. But, I enjoyed it just the same. Even though the water was SO VERY COLD!!! (we're talking ice cubes on frostbitten snowcaps)

What a great way to spend the last day of my trip! Tomorrow morning dawns early, as I must rise before 400 (700 EST) for another adventure-filled day of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment