Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy March 9!

Well now, I suppose it's time for an update about the ol' psych rotation. :-P It has involved a lot of sitting, a lot of self-diagnosing (would you believe I have every disease we've studied so far, lol), and a lot of counting the days. hours. minutes. But, this too shall pass. I've warmed up to it a bit. AND I was able to sneak down to the ER last night, which was really cool. I was there last summer, but it was a picnic compared to how busy things were last night, with EMT's coming in every five minutes with more patients. Saw a sad case, too. Makes you thankful for what you have.

Recently I have been puzzling over what field of nursing I should enter when I graduate. Narrowed it to three main categories: ICU (intensive care unit--basically critical care), OB/Pediatrics (poss. pediatric oncology or pediatric ICU, or maybe adult oncology, which has nothing whatsoever to do with OB or Peds), and the operating room. BUT, throw in the mix, I'm not sure IF or WHEN we will be moving, when I will be starting my job, where I will get my preceptorship (a period of four weeks right before graduation of shadowing/working with a nurse, hopefully in your chosen area of work), or just where exactly I want to work/the Lord wants me to work. So, needless to say, I, an OCD planner (which has worsened of late), am learning to wait, trust, and be patient. :-) Lovely life lessons. "Builds character," as my parents would say.

Oh, and I'd just like to put a lil' disclaimer here: yes, I am a woman, and yes, I am indecisive, and yes, I will, most likely, change my mind about where I want to work. 'Nuff said. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment