Sunday, June 6, 2010

Partly cloudy, gems of goodness, and thoughts about life

Ok, first of, all, I have a TERRIBLE weakness for Trader Joe's dark chocolate almonds. Seriously, they should be a controlled substance b/c I am an abuser. :-D Sadly, the closest Trader Joe's is 27 miles away. But, that's probably a good thing, so I don't become a complete addict.

In other news, the past few weeks have been partly cloudy. Also partly sunny. As I was taking stock of the happenings in my life, I found that they strangely corresponded with the forecast of recent weeks. There were times when I was kinda depressed--coming to grips with the realization that this is real life...real, adult life. No summer camps coming up in a couple of weeks; no running from one fun thing to the next. Don't get me wrong--I have had some good, "sunny" times, too. But, slowly sinking in is the fact that in life one must learn to take pleasure in work and the mundane things of life because "fun" is an elusive mistress, and, when it is here, the high from it quickly dissipates. Are you getting what I'm saying? or is this just the unintelligible ramblings of a teenager-turned-twenty?

And that brings me into some final thots that I will have to pontificate on more later (b/c I despise long postings, yet they come so naturally!) With all the graduations/commencement addresses lately, I have been forced to contemplate on where I am now and where I am going. Like I said...more on that later, hopefully after I have figured it out. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment