"I'm Coming In"
Recently, I experienced two stressful situations in my job. Both involved calling in the physician during the night. Both circumstances required the presence of the physician. But that doesn't relieve that sinking feeling you get in your stomach when, on the phone, you hear the words "I'm coming in."
Now mind, I like our doctors. They can be really quite personable, considering we are interrupting their few hours of sleep, before which they were at the hospital all day, and after which they have one or two more 24-hour shifts. But to hear those words "I'm coming in" (from home, to the hospital) causes you to question--have I done everything I could to prevent this? was it really necessary to call the doctor?
Thankfully, both issues turned out very well, one rather miraculously. Nevertheless, I don't know if I ever shall suppress the quiver of fear upon hearing the words "I'm coming in."
Compassion
Are you ever annoyed by a coworker or acquaintance? Is there someone with whom you have difficulty avoiding confrontation? Or perhaps this person just makes you uncomfortable.
This week, I was plainly reminded of the need to have compassion on those around me, allowing for unknown circumstances in their lives. I learned the stories of three different people who would fall under those categories and was shocked at the difficulty they had endured.
God plainly reminded me to forbear and have compassion, even when I don't know all the reasons why a person is the way he is. When He has borne so much for me, how can I do less for others?
No comments:
Post a Comment