Monday, November 18, 2013

LA Times

Last Monday I coerced my mother and sister to ride down to LA with me for a book signing. Ree Drummond, the famed Pioneer Woman (whose blog I have followed for years), promised an appearance at the Glendale Barnes and Noble. Little did I realize this, her only signing on the west coast, drew scores of adoring fans from surrounding towns and villages. My expected wait time of one hour passed with little movement in the line. Early on, I became acquainted with Lisa, the woman just ahead of me, who just happened to be an oncology nurse practitioner! The people we saw and the topics we discussed helped the four(!) hours pass quickly, and at long last we met the dear Midwestern lady. She was kind but very evidently tired, and the staff hurried us along as the store was closing. I'll not soon forget the humorous people and interesting events of that day!

 Humorous tidbit: my mother and sister, not desiring to meet Ree, just happened to be sitting mere yards from the woman and were greeted by her as she walked past. Meanwhile, I shivered and stood out in the chilly night, longing to catch a glimpse of that dear Oklahoma lady. Finally, my dedication was rewarded. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment