Sunday, December 19, 2010

Life. Just life.

Ironically, I am writing this before I head off to work. Never do I have enough time before going to work (after sleeping as long as possible), but it just worked out to get up early. So, I thought I would treat you all to an update. (wow, I just checked when my last post was...lots has happened since then.)

My mom's parents came for thanksgiving; we enjoyed getting to spend time with them! Plus, Dad was home!! Unfortunately, my gparents trip was cut short b/c a friend died and they needed to get home for the funeral. But the Lord worked it out, b/c we found out two hours later that my dad's mom died. Rather unexpectedly, though she had been declining somewhat. Anyway, the funeral service did good justice to the godly woman my grandma was. We miss her.

Also, I moved to night shift. wow. That's all I can say. It really messes up your whole system. But, now, starting week 4, I am getting the hang of it. (although, after 4 nights straight of staying up, which is unusual, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep for 2hrs.)

Soon, very soon, I will publish a post explaining just what it is I do at night. Because being a nurse is nothing like I imagined it would be before I started nursing school, and even before I started my job.

Lastly, some friends and I went to NYC last week. I took the lead with the trip planning, and it actually turned out well (of course it did--we did everything I liked b/c I planned. lol.) Hmm...that trip may warrant a separate post. Or, you can read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment