Indeed, this Thursday, I will graduate from St. Luke's School of Nursing. Oh, the memories...
*Good ol' Leonardo, my A/P teacher, who told stories about the mob visiting his practice (who knows how many of his stories were factual)
*Discovering GiantMicrobes in Micro (who knew chicken pox could be so cute?!)
*Falling asleep during long lectures (ok, so that's not specific to nursing school)
*The creepy tunnels underneath Allentown State Hospital
*Happy moments playing x-box with a 6 yr-old on peds, only to find out he had scabies
*Discovering my great love for all things OR
*Many tuna sandwiches and nature valley granola bars bought from the cafeteria and vending machine, respectively (until I wised up and bought my own granola bars from the store--SO much cheaper!!)
*Seeing a baby being born for the first time--quiet miracle
*Blue polo shirts, day, after day, after day :-) (despite my thoughts after graduating from EBA that polo shirts were forever behind me)
*And, most recently, the stressful, enjoyable, complicated, growing days of the neuro/trauma ICU
Through it all, many lessons were learned; many anecdotes duly noted and filed away, ready to be pulled out when I am hanging with my nursing friends (not when my twin is around.) I am a nurse, and I will never again be the same. Nursing is a part of me and will be for the rest of my life.
This week, as I evaluate where I came from and where I am now, I am thoughtful. Where shall I go from here? Is medical school yet in my future? Which direction shall I go withing the profession of nursing?
"Where shall I go? What shall I be? Lord, make me wait always on Thee."
No comments:
Post a Comment